Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sophie Sophie Sophie



We were having a roundtable discussion at dinner yesterday when Brianna started talking about being four. She thought for a second and said,"I don't remember being 4". Kaden chimed in by also noting that he had no recollection of being four. Right after that, Sophie said, "I don't remember being 4 either". As you all know, Sophie is four. We all fell out of our chairs laughing.


Tonight, Brianna got after Sophie for messing with Kaden's Pokeman Cards. Two strange things about that one, Sophie being interested in Pokeman Cards and Brianna caring about anyone doing anything to Kaden's stuff in general.. but I digress.. Anyway, Brianna sent Sophie up to her room and she went wailing all the way. About 10 minutes later, she walks up beside me whilst I'm working on the computer and get's my attention (no small task while I'm on the computer). She says, "Daddy, I just wanna go be with Jesus". This definately piqued my interest and I asked why she would want to do that. She said, "I just want to be with Jesus because everyone's mean to me and wants to send me to my room". There are equal measures of cute, funny and sad all mixed in there. She was soo pathetic when she said it, I still chuckled just a little bit.



A couple of other funny Sophieisms:


It's not spaghetti, it's sgabetti (pretty normal for lil'kids)


It's not trampoline, it's jumpoline


It's not sprinklers, it's squirters (my favorite)


It's not copy, it's coffee (not sure where that one came from)



Also, her pre-school teacher told Susi the other day that she was concerned that Sophie wasn't learning her letters as well as she could. Susi asked Sophie why she hadn't learned her letters, Sophie informed Susi that she wasn't old enough to learn her letters and wanted to wait till she was older to learn them... She's such a smart little stink that she ought to be able to learn them in a day, she's just decided she doesn't want to yet.



She also loves to ride her bike and play out side as long as we'll let her.



We love our Sophie, don't know what we'd do without her.....

2 comments:

Mary said...

She is hilarious. I love the four year old story.

My 5 year old calls it a jumpoline, too.

Saimi said...

Sophie's great! It's comforting to know that she knows she can turn to Jesus when every one else is failing her. I even bet she knows her letters, she's just keeping it to herself! If you asked her to help Emmy learn the letters, her secret will be out.