Monday, February 15, 2010

Fun Evening

I got home from work today and really wanted to shoot some hoops with the kids. So I make the proper preparations by blowing up the ball and then ask Kaden if he wants to go. "No thanks dad, I'm playing marbles with my friends". I very politely explained to Kaden that asking him to come was only a courtesy and that attendance was not optional. So he begrudgingly climbed into the car and we headed over to shoot some hoops. We went to a Park about a block away from where we going to build the new house where they have a couple of hoops. We shot around together for a while then a group of kids asked if they could play bump (lighting for us older folks) with us. That was pretty fun, Kaden one once and I won a couple of times.

We came home to a rattled Susi. When I left, I TOLD her I was taking Kaden. Apparently she mis-remembered the heads up and was ready to call in the cavalry to find the boy. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't convince her I had told her I was taking him... and admitted that 'OF COURSE" I was wrong.... and not told her... Ya gotta pick your battles baby.

During dinner, I noticed that Kaden was chewing with some difficulty using my keen powers of observation. (In actuallity, I was totally clueless. Susi asked why it hurt while he was chewing. A few minutes later it dawned on me he may have a tooth coming out. I can be a bit slow at times). Anyway, I talked him in to letting me yank it. It's been a while, so I must admit I was a bit nervous. Despite the butter flies, I popped the sucker out the first try. Now, Kaden could be officially classified as a chinuelo (toothless in Spanish). He has the four fronts on top and bottom. Then after the tooth pulling, he has three emptty spots between the fronts and the back molar. That should make for some interesting meat chewing till the permanents come in...

About 15 minutes before this, the girls had vanished upstairs and it was eerily quiet. A little too quiet if ya know what I mean. So we got the video camera running and quietly tiptoed up to our bedroom. We ran into them leaving the bedroom as we got there. The excitedly told Susi they wanted to show her a surprise. So she obliged by closing her eyes as they led her to the closet. She opened her eyes to a completely cleaned and organized closet. Sophie and Emily exclaimed that they had cleaned her closet for valentines day. Very cute..

Anyway, that's the report for today, the 15th of February 2010.

2 comments:

Saimi said...

Love the picture Spence, but I'm sure Kaden looks a whole lot cuter with his teeth out!! And what sweet girls you guys have, cleaning closets! Wow!!

Anonymous said...

O.k. That picture is HORRIBLE. He and Raegan would make a pair with thier missing teeth.