Wednesday, February 3, 2010

First Kiss




Aaahhh!...The first kiss. I'm sure if you ask any of your friends, they could tell you about their first kiss. Where they were at, what they were wearing, (hopefully)
who they were kissing.

I remember my first kiss. And I'm sure everyone is dying to know all the details. But, what I want to talk about is my first kiss with Spencer.

We had only known each other for 2 weeks. And I believe we had only had one real date. ( which by the way is another story) He had come over to my apartment to visit me. And I remember very clearly, when it was time for him to leave, because I followed him to the door, walked out with him and closed the door behind me. Now thinking back, I realize I was possessed with some kind of alien life form. Usually I would have said goodbye in the apartment, and watch them walk out the door. But for some unexplained reason, I decided to do something different.

I was standing on the first step of our little porch, and he was standing in front of me. We talked for a while, and then he said he had to get back home. There was this little moment of awkward silence, where neither one of us didn't know what to do. Then it happened. He kissed me....on the CHEEK! What?! Are your freakin kidding me? On the CHEEK?! He pulled back and was looking all proud of himself(probably saying to himself " I'm the Man baby... booya!")

The next thing I remember, is looking at him with this perplexed look on my face and blurting out " That's it?"

Remember, you have to believe me when I say, that my body was possessed by an alien, because I would have never said anything close to that to someone I hardly knew.

But, then it happened...again. He kissed me. Only this time it wasn't on the cheek. This is where it gets blurry. I really don't remember anything after that. Somehow I made it back into my apartment. Whether I told my roommates what happened or I went to bed. I can't remember. I guess it had the same effect on Spencer. When he got home, he made himself some cereal, put the milk in the pantry and the cereal in the fridge. And walked around in a daze. So I was told by his roommates.

Needless, to say, our first kiss was memorable. And one of my kids favorite stories.

So the reason I recounted our first kiss, is because, yesterday I heard my doorbell ring. I opened the door, and found Spencer standing there with a dozen red roses. "Happy 15 Year Anniversay of our First Kiss" is what he said to me right before he planted a juicy one on my cheek.

And I'll give you one guess of what I said.....

7 comments:

Mary said...

"THAT'S IT??!"

What do I win????

Cute story. Rod gave me a tiny peck during our sealing and the Sealer even mocked him.

Anonymous said...

You two are so cute together. I had to kiss Travis first...He was shy:)

ms. hansen said...

i just read that to all my roommates. it was a loud...AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

:) that is completely precious.

<3

Sally said...

Love the story! Congrats on your 15 year kissing anniversary. When's the wedding anniversary?

Destiny said...

How cute is that.... He is such a good and thoughtful guy!

Ashley said...

I love this story.

Saimi said...

He is the man! I mean, who seriously remembers the anniversary of their first kiss? Good going Spence!