Monday, September 13, 2010

A plethura of stories.

You'll have to forgive in advance the mish mash of stuff I'm gonna post. Just a bunch of quick hitters, some kinda fun, some not so much.

The other day, I was getting ready to go somewhere and Emily asked where I was going. I said that I was "Going Far Far Away on Judea's Plains". She immediately jumps up and says, "Oh Oh, can I go Daddy". (slight pause), then she says,"Lucky". With a J-Lo type sass. It was cute.

Kaden came to me a few days ago after I had asked him to load the dish washer. He proceeded to tell me that he did his very best, but he could not fit all of the dishes. With out uttering a word, I unleashed "the look". You know, the one where you drop your chin, rais your eye brows and stair directly into his eyes. He first sputtered a bit and tried to say he tried really hard. The look was reiterated by reversing the angle of the face and causing one eyebrow to raise above the other. He slumped down a bit and said," Um, maybe I should go down stairs and just try to rearrange it and fit them all in". Then he just quietly turned and reloaded the dish washer. Me and Susi must have laughed for 5 minutes.

Last night we hear a loud BANG and a high pitched scream (one you would expect from a leetler geril) I went upstairs to find Kaden on the floor crying and Brianna trying to convince him he was over reacting and that having the door slammed on his forehead really should not hurt. After all, he'd done the same thing to her and it didn't hurt at all. It's amazing how early kids begin to employ (or at least try) to employ the power of suggestion.

I pulled Sophies first tooth out the other day. The thing was hanging by a no more than 3 gum cells. That little girl put up a battle that would have made Rocky Balboa proud. She absolutely did not want her tooth pulled out. It took at least 20 minutes of convincing wrangling and a touch of brazilian jujitsu to finally get that kids tooth out. I was sweating profusely by the time I got the little sucker out. She is one stubborn little girl.

Me and Susi got to go to California for our 15th anniversary. It was a blast. We got to meet our friends Mark and Lisa and go eat at the Cheese Cake factory. It was great. We then spent an entire day at Disney Land and another day at Magic Mountain. We got the Platinum Flash Pass which allowed us to go to the front of the line and ride each ride twice. I had a few choice words directed my way from people who waited 2 hrs while I happily butted in front of them. On our way out, we stopped right before LAX to gas up. Not a great idea. Just FYI, those people who look like gas station attendants and pump your gas are not gas station attendants.... Very weird.

The day at magic mountain had some negative effects on Susi. Her back went out a week ago today. As it turned out, she pinched her siatic nerve and was pretty much resigned to crawling all week. The only other time I've seen her that uncomfortable was when she had Kaden. And that was only becuase her spinal block wore out.. She was in major pain. She was very lucky to have a great friend who came over and made in home Chiropractic calls for her. Our fam also took care of us by making food.

I went down to Provo a couple of weeks ago and got to play 54 holes of golf with my brothers. We also went to the BYU - UW game. It was awesome. There's nothing like going to Lavell Edwards Stadium with a sold out crowd and competetive game.

That's it for now.

3 comments:

Saimi said...

Thanks for the update! It's good to hear from your family and know how everyone's doing! We miss you guys!

Charise said...

I love reading your posts and hearing about the fam. Please keep updating us. sorry about Susi's back. Our chiropractor is our very best friend, that is the first thing we track down when we move. When Jim's back goes out he is down on the floor. It only happened once at work. Funny. Happy late anniversary!

Susi Daw said...

Thanks for posting Babe! Loved it! You should do it more often.