Saturday, September 25, 2010

Oops! I forgot!

I forgot to post Five for Friday yesterday.  Oops.  I was really busy doing... nothing!  Actually I didn't realize it was Friday, until Spencer called and asked if I wanted to go on a date.  By then the only thing I was thinking about was that I had to hurry and clean the house and make sure the kids were fed.  So we could head out the door before 6. 
Such is life...always late.

1.  We went camping at Ensign Ranch last weekend, and had a blast!  Eating smores, and chillin' was exactly what we needed.  Jr.,Tricia, and family came along too.  The kids were so excited to explore and collect leaves, we didn't see them much.  We were going to spend 2 nights there, but the day we were supposed to leave I was feeling really lazy, and didn't pack.  So we decided to just spend one night instead of 2.  I really wish I wasn't a loser because 2 days would have been fun.  Oh well.

2.   Emily said the cutest things this week.  We were driving back from Yakima, and she saw the moon behind the clouds and said " Mom, look at the moon...it's hiding because no one likes it."
Yesterday, we were on the couch cuddling and she started to fall asleep.  Not so good, because it was 5p.m. and if she takes a nap later than 1p.m. she won't go to sleep until 12 in the morning.  So I nudged her and said "Emmy don't fall asleep."  With sleepy eyes she said " mommy, my eyes told me they were tired and I have to put them to sleep."  How could I say "no" after that? So CUTE!

3.   Had a weird experience on Wednesday morning.  I was running late (again) and I was in a hurry to take Kaden and Emily to school.  I told Kaden to hurry and brush his teeth and meet me in the car.  I pulled the car out of the garage and was waiting for him in the driveway.  Honked a couple of times, and was getting angry because now I was really late!  Kaden comes running out the garage door, and as soon as he is out of the way I close it.  As I'm backing out I hit the gas hard, and the car goes nowhere!  I'm like "What the heck?!" So I put it in park and then put it in drive and hit the gas for a second time. Again, the car goes nowhere.  "Crap!"  I put it in park again and then realize that I had it in DRIVE! not REVERSE, which is what I wanted in the first place.  Those two times I had it in drive, I had hit the gas hard.  What scared me was that if the car had worked I would have drove straight into the garage, ruin the door, deploy the air bags and hurt Kaden really bad, because he had his saxophone on his lap.  Someone was watching out for me for sure!

4.   Sophie got strep this week.  She was miserable!  I felt so bad for her.  She didn't eat for three days, because her throat hurt so bad. Not fun!  Took her to the Doctor and she was surprised how bad her throat was.  Got some antibiotics and she is doing much better.  Now, I'm just hoping now one else gets it.

5.   Went out to dinner with some friends last night.  Spencer and I are pretty faithful about going on a Friday night date.  We always do the same thing every week, which is go out to eat, just the 2 of us.  I love my husband and I love spending time with him, but doing the same thing every week gets boring.  So when some friends invited us to go out, we jumped at the chance.  And we are so glad we did!  We hadn't laughed so hard in a long time.  We had the best time! Thanks Jeremy, Heather, Tiffany, and Spencer!  Next time it's on us!

3 comments:

Heather said...

We had a lot of fun too! Thanks Tiff for putting it together.

Saimi said...

You know I went most the day yesterday thinking it was Saturday. Ken mentioned about going for a ride the following day and I'm like, "No it's Sunday" He goes, what are you a seventh day adventist> Then I realized and cracked up!

I agree with Emily, I like to put my eyes to sleep when they are tired too! I just love your family!

Have ya heard, Janna and I are in the RS presidency now. I cried when I had to say goodbye to my Nursery kids!

tharker said...

We had such a great time too! Highlights for me? Both of the Spencers' messy shirts, Jeremy trying to prounounce his meal, and of course the salsa bar! Definitely must do it again!