Friday, September 17, 2010

Five for Friday.

I saw this on one of my friends blog, and I thought "What a GREAT idea!"  Just some happening of the week, thoughts, maybe some pictures, and hopefully some insights or "ah ha" moments to share with all my fellow bloggers.

1.  I am learning that a clean house is not MORE important than taking time to play a game with my kids, or color on the floor.  Kids grow too fast and I want my kiddos to remember mom playing and hanging out with them.  Not ALWAYS cleaning the house. It seriously has taken me 15 years to learn this lesson, so I hope it's not to late.

2.  I really like my husband!  I know that's like a given, but I thoroughly like spending any time possible with him. 

3.  Kaden got really disappointed today when he was practicing his saxophone.  He was upset with himself because he wasn't playing the notes just right and he wanted to do it perfectly.  Had to explain to him that it is going to take awhile to get it just right and that he need to practice and work hard. Sadly, that is a trait he gets from me.  I do things and I expect it to be perfect the first time.  Not to self...need to work on that.

4.  Going camping tomorrow.  Excited, but not excited.  It seems like a lot of work for just a day.  I have to step back, and remember that this family time is a memory the kids (hopefully) will remember.

5.  I can actually walk this week.  So HAPPY about that!  Still not 100%, but slowly getting there.  Bending still hurts, sitting in cars, and walking down steps are not fun, but at least I'm not crawling like I was last week.  Thank goodness for Brandon!  (Chiropractor)

Well that's pretty much it in a nut shell. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing mom and Friend. Sorry we missed out this weekend but Travis was still in pain on Sat.

I like the Down with the Daw's,It's catchy!!