Thursday, February 26, 2009

San Diego Zoo

Last year for Spring Break we came down to San Diego and did the whole Disneyland, Wild Animal Park and San Diego Zoo experience. We had bought a season pass for the Zoo, and it was still good when we moved down here. So we decided to go to the zoo last Saturday. We were supposed to leave at 10 in the morning, but didn't get out of the house until 11:30. Which is the story of our lives. A trip that was supposed to take an hour took 2 hours. California traffic is disgusting! I hate it with a passion. I miss the times when I was the only one driving on the road and wasn't stuck behind idiot drivers who are goosenecking just to look at construction on the side of the road. Idiots!Anyways, the long and irritating drive just seems to bring out the worst in me. Every noise and loud talking (mostly sreaming) was driving me close to insanity. Mostly because our DVD player in the Yukon was broken, so there was no distraction for the kids. I really don't know how we lived with out one when we were growing up. The DVD player is my best friend. And that day my best friend was on vacation. But we made it with all the kids still whole. It was a fun day, and we can't wait to do it again.








Sophie was in charge of the map. She decided that she was the tour guide for the day. It was to cute! She was always telling us we were going the right way. And pointing at the map to tell us where we were at.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Tessa loves to be in charge of maps, too. She feels like she's Dora or something.

Destiny said...

I'm still jealous! At least you made it there, had a tour guide, and didn't strangle any of the kids right. LOL