Saturday, February 28, 2009

Potty trained!!

I don't know why I waited so long to potty train Emily. I thought she wasn't ready. But it was me who wasn't ready. I was afraid that I would be stuck in the house for a week setting the timer every 20minutes, changing wet and poopie undies, and cleaning the carpet because she didn't make it to the bathroom, and the thought of that just depressed me. Also, she's my baby. This just meant that she's leaving the baby stage and going on to the toddler stage. Which saddens me, since she is our last. But then I remember it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It never really is. All the other kids did great. So I prayed Emily would be the same. And she did. It only took her a couple times to catch on and it was the BEST DAY EVER when she did. Plus, the incentive of gummy bears works wonders. No more wet or poopie diapers!!! Now it's big girl undies for my baby. What a glorious day!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I hate potty training. I always put it off as long as possible, and then it never ends up being as bad as I expected it to be.

All your kids are out of diapers? That is awesome!

Saimi said...

Congradulations Susi! I never had the pleasure of potty training girls. With boys, I just let them pee outside in the back yard. They loved it!