Friday, January 16, 2009

Not enough room!

So, we're moving to California. I've been packing for 2 weeks straight. I told myself I was only going to take the necessities. So of course the beds, 1 set of couches, clothes, some toys, all my kitchen stuff, and misc. household items that was needed to function in our new home were packed. I sold 2 sets of couches, piano, dining room table, freezer, 2 dressers, crib, toys, 2 coffee tables, outside toys, t.v., pack in play, and grill. Not including all the stuff I gave away, threw away in the trash, and took to the dump. We rented a 24 ft. truck to take all our stuff down. And when I looked at it, I had to reservations that it would not fit all of our stuff. Considering all that was sold, thrown and given away. Boy, was I wrong! Sad to say there was not enough room. It almost makes me sick to think of all the crap( and yes, most of it is crap) that we have accumulated. So lessons learned from moving, 1. NEVER will I EVER buy a big house again!
2. Don't give yourself 2 weeks to pack a 3250 sq ft. home by yourself! And 3. I NEVER want to move again!!!! Unless a moving company does it for me.

2 comments:

marcalicious said...

you poor, poor, poor thing. I HATE HATE HATE packing and moving. I really want to hire someone next time I move...and it is just me!!! I am a fan of packing w/ black heavy duty garbage bags. They work well for fast packing! ha! My fam makes fun of me, but hey -- they work for me.

Good luck Susi!!

Jenny said...

Susi--Good luck in CA. I guess I won't be running into you anytime soon at wedding receptions.