Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fun with Dad




When we lived in California, Kaden and Spencer made a Dinosaur cake for cub scouts. All the Dads and boys had to make the cake all by themselves with no help from mom. Let me tell you, I had a very hard time with that rule. I had to bite my tongue on several occasions. But I'm glad I did. The boys had a blast making the "bones" out of cookie dough and I think the cake turned out GREAT. We had fun at pack meeting,and saw some pretty awesome cakes. Although, there were some that made me question if moms did help just a little. Each of the boys received a certificate and we had fun trying all the yummy cakes at the end.

2 comments:

Darrell said...

I need to talk with Spencer about this and reveal a dirty little secret of the Smart Family, but the abbreviated version is that Shea and I got totally rocked in the Pinewood Derby one year, so we exacted revenge in the "cake contest." Oh, you say it's not a "contest"? Wrong! Everything to the male species is a contest, especially the Pinewood Derby. Most men I know are still dealing with the pain associated with their childhood Pinewood Derby experience. Anyways, Shea (with appropriate help from his dad) made a "little cake" (13 cake mixes, dozens of eggs and bags of powdered sugar). My sincere advice: When a man and his son are on a mission in the kitchen--BACK OFF!

frosty said...

I want to know how the cake tasted...:)